The Swagman 66684 Dispatch is a 2 bike hitch rack which is approved for use on the back of recreational vehicles. The Swagman Dispatch utilizes a 2 inch receiver and does not have a folding mechanism, allowing it to be be used on the back of travel trailers, 5th wheel trailers, and motor homes with either a properly installed 2 inch receiver or the Swagman 64025 RV Bumper Adapter, sold separately.
Carries a wide variety of bikes
The Swagman Dispatch is a tray style hitch bike rack, this means that your bike tires rest in an the wheel tray and a soft ratcheting hook slides down over the frame of your bike to hold the bike securely in position. Since the wheel trays can be slid from to side to side it can be adjusted to fit wheelbases up to 48 inches most bikes can be accommodated. If you need to carry a fat bike, you can use the Swagman 64694 Fat Tire Trays
Locking mechanism to secure your bikes
The Dispatch includes a locking hitch pin which is used to secure the bike rack onto your vehicle. There are also a cable lock that is included to lock your bikes to the rack itself.
The Dispatch was built with a full 2 inch receiver and without the folding feature that is on most other Swagman bike racks these are both important changes in order to make sure the rack has the appropriate strength required to be mounted onto the back of an RV. The reason these modifications exist is due to the fact that there is significantly more whip action on the back of RV in comparison to most other passenger vehicles.
Can be mounted on the bumper of an RV
If you do not have a hitch on the back of your RV you can purchase the Swagman 64025 RV Bumper Adapter
. The Swagman 64025 RV Bumper Adapter gives you a 2 inch receiver for a bicycle rack on the bumper of your RV. The 64025 fits 4 inch to 4.5 inch square bumpers and is only for use on bumpers that are continuously welded to the frame of your RV.
- Carries up to two bikes
- Approved for use on an RV such as a motor home, 5th wheel trailer, or travel trailer with either a properly installed 2 inch hitch or the Swagman 64025 RV Bumper Adapter, sold separately
- In order to use this product on an RV bumper you must ensure that you have either a 4 inch or 4.5 inch square steel bumper which is continuously welded to the frame of your trailer
- Tray style design supports the wheels of your bike while a ratcheting hook secures over the frame of your bike holding it firmly in position without the bike moving or swaying
- Fits a wide variety of bikes including kids bikes, full suspension mountain bikes, and ladies bikes with step through frames
- Some bikes such as cruiser bikes, e-bikes, and bikes with step thru frames may require use of the Swagman 63999 Cruiser Bar to create a higher top tube for the ratcheting hooks of the bike rack to secure to.
- Includes a locking, threaded hitch pin which virtually eliminate movement at the base of the rack and locks the bike rack to the hitch or bumper adapter
- A cable lock is also included to secure your bikes to the hitch pin
- Do not use on the back of a tent trailer. If you are looking for a bike rack for your tent trailer check out our Tent Trailer Mounted Bike Racks
- Fits 2" Hitch Only
- Carries two bikes up to 45 pounds each for a total of 90 pounds
- Maximum bike wheelbase: 48"
- Fits bikes with wheels from 20 inches up to 29 inches in size
- Maximum tire width: 3" without Swagman 64694 Fat Tire Trays (sold separately)
- Weight: 54 lbs
- Distance from hitch pin to:
- Closest wheel tray is: 18"
- Closest part of the rack : 12"
- Product dimensions: PDF download (external link)
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)