The Yakima HighRoad is a premium upright bike rack that holds bikes by the front wheel on your vehicle's roof rack crossbars. Compared to competing wheel-clamping upright bike racks, the HighRoad is designed to sit forward off of the rear hatch and with a lower profile when no bike is being carried. A precision TorqueRight knob is used to tension the adjustment-free front wheel hoops, making for fast and easy loading and unloading of your bikes without the need to set the wheel size manually.
Carries a wide variety of bikes
The Yakima HighRoad holds bikes by clamping the front wheel with two wheel hoops in a V-shape. A strap ratchets into place through the rear wheel for a secure hold. Wheels sized 26"-29" with widths up to 3.25" are compatible. This means your road and mountain bikes work in one rack without any need for front axle adapters or storing the front wheel separately. If you need to carry a smaller wheel size than 26", consider the Yakima FrontLoader upright bike rack
Precision TorqueRight knob makes loading faster
With the HighRoad, there is no need to adjustment a separate front wheel clamp for different wheel sizes. This allows for easier loading and unloading of various bikes compared to other Yakima upright racks like the HighRoller or FrontLoader. Simply crank the TorqueRight knob to grab your front wheel and then do up the rear wheel strap with both hands free. There's no over-tightening here, as the TorqueRight knob ensures a perfect grip with no extra wheel stress.
Improved rear hatch clearance
Yakima designed the HighRoad to sit forward on the rack. Compared to competing upright bike racks that position the front wheel on top of the front crossbar, the HighRoad gives you improved clearance from the rear hatch. When not carrying a bike, the HighRoad sits low on the rack for a streamlined look.
Universal attachment hardware with T-slot option
The HighRoad uses universal clamp hardware to grab around a vehicle's crossbars. Using the Yakima SmarT-Slot Kit 1
conversion kit (sold separately), you can mount the HighRoad into the T-track of your Yakima JetStream bars, Whispbar crossbars, Thule AeroBlades bars, Rhino-Rack Vortex bars, or similar T-track style crossbars from other rack manufacturers.
Fully lockable security system
You can add two Yakima SKS lock cores
(sold separately) to the HighRoad to make it fully locking. One lock core goes into the rear bar clamp to lock the HighRoad to your crossbars. The second lock core goes into the new TailWhip integrated braided steel locking cable to lock your bike into the HighRoad.
- Carries one bike up to 45 lbs / 20 kg
- Securely carries road or mountain bikes with tire sizes 26"-29" and widths up to 3.25"
- Integrated TorqueRight knob precisely secures bike without stressing wheel
- No frame contact means no damage to carbon fiber or paint finish
- Streamlined bar-hugging design and excellent rear hatch clearance
- Universal crossbar compatibility - works with round, square, aerodynamic, and most factory racks
- T-slot compatible with Yakima SmarT-Slot Kit 1 conversion kit (sold separately)
- Accepts 2 x Yakima SKS locks (sold separately) - one in the rear bar clamp and one in the TailWhip bike cable lock
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)