The Yakima HighSpeed fork mount bike rack is a premium, do-it-all roof top carrier for all types of front axles, even fat bikes. Designed to be streamlined and low profile, the HighSpeed offers high strength and great versatility. Yakima designed the HighSpeed to be incredibly secure and accept the widest variety of front axles on the market.
Carries the widest variety of bikes
The Yakima HighSpeed uses a precision front clamp to grab against your bike's existing thru-axle (12mm, 15x100/110/135/142/150mm, or 20mm), or against an included lockable 9mm quick release skewer. If you have a fat bike with a quick release front skewer, you can purchase the optional Yakima Fat Bike QR Locking Skewer
(sold separately) to haul that as well.
Precision TorqueRight knob ensures an easy load
The TorqueRight knob on the HighSpeed lets you easily clamp against your bike's existing thru-axle with the perfect amount of tension. If you are using the included lockable quick release skewer, simply leave the skewer tensioned into the front clamp and then use the skewer just like you would on your bike's front wheel.
Many security options
The HighSpeed has multiple security features where Yakima SKS lock cores
(sold separately) can be added to prevent theft. Add a lock to the TorqueRight knob to lock the HighSpeed to your crossbar rack and to prevent removal of the bike's thru-axle. If you are planning to use the optional Yakima Fat Bike QR Locking Skewer
(sold separately), add a lock core to prevent the skewer from being opened to release the bike. A lock core can be added to the rear attachment hardware to prevent removal of the rack from the rear bar. Lastly, you can add a Yakima SKS lock core (sold separately) to the included Tailwhip braided steel cable to lock the bike frame itself to the rack. Lastly you can add the QR Locking Skewer
if you have a 9mm x 100mm front fork and want to be able to secure it down to the rack(lock sold separately).
Improved rear hatch clearance
Yakima designed the HighSpeed to sit forward on the crossbar rack. Compared to competing fork mount bike racks that position the fork on wheel on top of or behind the front crossbar, the HighSpeed gives you improved clearance from the rear hatch. The HighSpeed sits low on the rack for a streamlined look.
Universal attachment hardware with T-slot option
The HighSpeed uses universal clamp hardware to grab around a vehicle's crossbars. Using the Yakima SmarT-Slot Kit 1
(sold separately), you can mount the HighRoad into the T-track of your Yakima JetStream bars, Whispbar crossbars, Thule AeroBlades bars, Rhino-Rack Vortex bars, or similar T-track style crossbars from other rack manufacturers.
- Carries one bike up to 40 lbs / 18.1 kg by the front forks
- Securely carries road bikes, mountain bikes, and up to 5" fat bikes
- Clamps on to axles including quick release (9mm), thru-axles (12mm, 15x100mm, 15x110mm, 20mm), and fat bike thru-axles (15x135mm, 15x142mm, 15x150mm) right out of the box
- Add a Yakima Fat Bike QR Locking Skewer (sold separately) to carry a fat bike with 9mm x 135mm quick release front wheel
- Integrated TorqueRight knob precisely secures bike without stressing axle
- Streamlined bar-hugging design and excellent rear hatch clearance
- Universal crossbar compatibility
- T-slot compatible with Yakima SmarT-Slot Kit 1 conversion kit (sold separately)
- Yakima SKS lock cores (sold separately) are available and can be added to secure the rack in various ways:
- Add a lock core at the TorqueRight knob to prevent release of thru-axles and the front attachment hardware
- Add a lock core to the included TailWhip braided steel cable to secure bike frame
- Add a lock core at the rear attachment hardware to prevent removal
- Add a lock core to the Yakima Fat Bike QR Locking Skewer (sold separately) to prevent removal of quick release fat bike forks from rack
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)