The Yakima ShowDown is a lift assisted carrier for your kayak or 1-2 SUP boards. The Show Down consists of two mounts that can be tilted down more than two feet to make loading a heavy kayak or two boards a breeze. The ShowDown weighs just 21 lbs, but can carry up to 80 lbs. It attaches to your roof rack crossbars.
Assists in lifting 30-45% of your boats weight
The pivoting feature on the ShowDown means you only have to lift 55-70% of your boat's weight, depending on its width. The ShowDown comes down 26 inches from your roof rack. This makes loading and unloading your gear easier than ever!
Handles are close together for easy reach
Compared to competing lift assist systems, the Yakima ShowDown uses a left and right handle built on the interior sides of the ShowDown to help you pull the racks down and lift them back up.
Add Yakima SKS lock cores
(sold separately) to secure the ShowDown to your vehicle's roof rack crossbars. Need to lock your boat to the vehicle? Consider the Yakima RipCord locking straps
- Sliding load assist mount for a single kayak or 1-2 SUP boards
- Easily load and unload kayaks and boards at waist level at the side of the vehicle with the easy to use slide and tilt mechanism
- 80 lb. boat and board capacity easily handles a large kayak or two boards
- Lightweight materials and construction don’t eat up roof’s carrying capacity (ShowDown weighs 21 lbs)
- Tilts down a lengthy 26" from roof rack height
- Provides 30-45% weight assistance (depending on boat width)
- Felt-covered cradles flex to conform to hull for secure transport
- Folds down flat to reduce drag and noise when not in use
- Locks to base rack with Yakima SKS (Same Key System) lock cores for added security (sold separately)
- Carrying capacity: 80 lbs (one kayak or 1-2 SUP boards)
- Product weight: 21 lbs
- Dimensions: L 42" x W 9" x H 9"
- Model number: 8004081
- Manufacturer: Yakima
- Product instructions: PDF download (external link)
- Minimum crossbar spread of 24 inches
- Crossbar must overhang a minimum of 3.5 inches passed the tower
- When in the folded down position the rack must be a minimum of four inches away from the vehicle