The Thule 599000 UpRide is a universal upright bike rack with zero frame contact. The Thule UpRide was designed for fast and secure mounting along with maximum protection of the bicycles frame. The UpRides versatile design gives you the ability to accommodate bikes with unique frames, rear suspension, and can even handle carbon framed bikes.
Universal upright bike rack with no frame contact
The UpRide roof-mounted bike rack is designed to hold your bike by the wheels only, with no parts of the rack making contact with the bike's frame. This makes it ideal for bikes with carbon frames or other sensitive frames. The Thule UpRide securely carries almost any kind of bike and is foolproof to load and secure. Fits bikes with tires up to 3 inches right out of the box, if you need to carry larger wheeled bikes there are Fat Bike Tire Cradles sold separately that will accommodate a bike up to a 5 inch tire.
Carries fat bikes with an adapter
Out of the box, the UpRide carries conventional road and mountain bikes with up to 3 inch tires. Add a Thule 599100 UpRide Fat Bike Adapter
(sold separately) to carry a fat bike up with tires up to 5 inches wide.
The UpRide comes with an integrated cable lock that you can install Thule's one key system into in order to lock your bike onto the rack. You can also install a second lock cylinder into the mounting hardware to prevent someone from removing the UpRide from your vehicle. If this is your only Thule product it is recommended to buy the Thule 450200 Two Pack
of locks as this would giving you matching lock cylinders ensuring your entire system operates on the same key.
- One bike rack
- Fits Thule Wingbars, Aeroblades, Square bars, and certain OEM crossbars
- Simple interface for switching carrier from passenger side mounting to driver side mounting or vice versa
- Lockable with integrated cable lock to secure your bike to the bike rack and the bike rack to the vehicle by installing a lock into the mounting hardware (locks sold separately)
- Add 2 x Thule One Key lock cylinders (sold separately) lock the bike to carrier and carrier to rack
- Holds your bike by the wheels only, with no parts of the rack making contact with the bike's frame
- Ratcheting wheel strap to secure back tire onto the rack
- Maximum weight capacity of 44 lbs
- Maximum bar dimensions: 3.25" by 1.25" factory bars
- Fits roof racks with 20 x 20 mm T-track
- Fits bikes with tires 20" to 29" wheels and up to 3 inches in width out of the box, if you need to carry a bike with larger wheels Fat Bike Tire Cradles are sold separately that will accommodate a bike up to a 5 inch tire
- Recommended crossbar spread between: 18" to 36" - will also work on crossbars up to a 43" spread
- Weight: 17 lbs
- Product instructions: PDF download
- Limited lifetime warranty
- SKU: 599000