The Aqua-Bound Manta Ray Hybrid kayak paddles are known as the "muscle" of the Ray series because of the large 105-square inch blades. The thick set blade on the Manta Ray Hybrid is a superb option for paddlers in bigger boats seeking more power and and speed in the water. At just 31.8 ounces, the Manta Ray Hybrid 240cm has a low swing weight and provides both comfort and power at a great price point.
All this power is balanced out with an 100% carbon composite shaft, which means less fatigue and joint strain. The Manta Ray paddles are shorter and wider than the other Ray series paddles. They are designed to catch and hold the water for extra pull and a more aggressive stroke, propelling the kayak with increased speed.
The Manta Ray Hybrid is available in the following lengths: 220cm, 230cm, and 240cm. Length would be determined by paddler height and boat width.
High Angle Paddle
The high and low angles have to do with the angle your paddle enters the water, high-angle paddling is more vertical. Typically the high angle paddles were used with narrower kayaks for aggressive paddlers seeking more speed but with the insurgence of kayak fishing especially SOT kayaks we now see high angle blades being used for those paddlers that sit higher on the water and also require more power to propel the larger, heavier kayaks. Simply put the Manta Ray paddles work great for somebody seeking greater acceleration and more power.
- Size: 7.25in x 18in - 18cm x 46cm
- Surface Area: 105 sq. in - 677 sq. cm
- Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
- Blade Color: White
- Length: 240cm
- Shaft Pieces: 2-Piece
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon
- Paddle Weight: 31.8 ounces
- Type: 3-hole snap-button ferrule
- Use: A snug 3-hole snap-button ferrule, which allows you to feather your blades at 0° and 60°, left and right hand control.
- Ferrule Maintenance: Metal parts corrode when exposed to extensive amounts of salt water. You will want to avoid getting debris on the inside of the ferrule. Do not rest the paddle on sandy or rocky ground to prevent debris from entering and wearing out the ferrule.
- Shaft and Blade maintenance: Blade and shaft repair can be made with Epoxy or fiberglass kits. You should try to avoid using the blade and shaft as a push off mechanism. Do not dig the blade into the ground to push off