The Aquabound Sting Ray Hybrid Paddle is a great all-around paddle for any kayakers, and a great paddle type to share between family members. The Aquabound Sting Ray series is Aquabounds best-selling and most popular family of kayak paddles. The mid-size abX resin reinforced fiberglass blades, at 91 square inches, are perfect for recreational flat water paddling and kayak touring. Its smaller blades mean less water and wind resistance, meaning less fatigue for you. At just 30.5 ounces the Sting Ray Hybrid paddle makes for a more relaxing paddling trip.
The Sting Ray Hybrid is available in the following lengths: 220cm, 230cm, 240cm, and 250cm. The length of paddle you require is determined by your height and the width of your boat.
Low Angle Paddle
Low-angle paddling is more horizontal, usually between a 20 degree or 30 degree angle. Typically used for recreational kayaks and touring kayaks low angle paddles are great for a more relaxed paddling trip. The blades of low angle kayak paddle are longer and narrower than high angle blades and that allows an easier stroke through the water which in turn will have less stress on the paddler. If you like paddling low, slow and steady then you will be very pleased with the Sting ray series of paddle
- Size: 6.25 x 18 in - 16 x 46 cm
- Surface Area: 91 sq/in - 587 sq/cm
- Blade Material: abXII Fiberglass Reinforced Nylon
- Blade Color: White
- Length: 230cm
- Shaft Pieces: 2-Piece
- Shaft Material: 100% Carbon
- Type: 3-hole snap-button ferrule
- Use: A snug 3-hole snap-button ferrule, which allows you to feather your blades at 0° and 60°, left and right hand control
- Ferrule Maintenance: Metal parts corrode when exposed to extensive amounts of salt water. You will want to avoid getting debris on the inside of the ferrule. Do not rest the paddle on sandy or rocky ground to prevent debris from entering and wearing out the ferrule.
- Shaft and Blade maintenance: Blade and shaft repair can be made with Epoxy or fiberglass kits. You should try to avoid using the blade and shaft as a push off mechanism. Do not dig the blade into the ground to push off
Paddle Sizing Chart