The Thule 859XT Canyon roof cargo basket is a solid tubular steel platform for mounting gear atop your vehicle's roof. The Canyon's curved front fairing directs wind up and over your cargo for improved airflow compared to flat front baskets.
The 859XT Canyon comes with two different styles of mounting hardware. The first is a universal U-bolt attachment hardware system which mounts around almost any crossbar, from Thule square and AeroBlade bars to factory racks. The second style of mounting hardware allows you to mount the 859XT Canyon basket directly into the top track of the Thule AeroBlades, Yakima StreamLine bars, Rhino-Rack Vortex bars, or factory racks that use the Euro style T-track crossbars (from manufacturers like Volkswagen, Audi, etc).
A plastic cover sits over top of the attachment hardware wing nuts. It can be locked down optionally using Thule One Key lock cores
, which are sold separately. Use two lock cores at opposite corners or four lock cores if you desire full security.
The 859XT Canyon basket can be extended lengthwise by 20 inches using the Thule 8591 Canyon Extension
. The Thule 692 Stretch Cargo Net
can be added to help secure your gear.
- Tubular powder-coated steel construction
- Low profile design combines style and function
- Includes both universal mounting hardware and track mounted hardware.
- Tapered side walls make it easy to load and unload
- Built in front wind fairing to ensure optimal airflow over your cargo
- Lockable to roof rack using Thule One Key lock cores (sold separately) at each attachment hardware point
- Extend your Canyon basket by 20" lengthwise with Thule 8591 Canyon Extension (sold separately) for an additional 20" of length
- Add a Thule 692 Stretch Cargo Net (sold separately) to help secure your gear
- Exterior measurements: 49" L x 40" W x 6" T
- Product weight: 13.2 kg / 29.1 lbs
- Product Instructions: PDF Download